Phone (209) 564-6863
Dr. Sergio B Pereira
Dr. Pereira was born and raised in the Azores, Portugal. After visiting family in the US several times he decided to move to the US and finish his academic training. Dr. Pereira arrived in the US in January of 1999 and started his academic journey at Merced Community College in Merced California. He then transferred to UC Davis. Dr. Pereira attended St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, in Grenada W.I. and received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree on June 17th 2006. Dr. Pereira received his clinical training from Kansas State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Upon graduation Dr. Pereira started working for a Dairy Practice in the Central Valley in California. In January 2012 he started in own practice, Azores Veterinary Practice. Dr. Pereira’s main professional interests include: bovine veterinary practice and general surgery. Dr. Pereira is married to Dr. Maria I Rodriguez and they have a son Sebastian. Dr. Pereira and Dr. Rodriguez met while attending Veterinary School. When having some free time Dr. Pereira enjoys watching Soccer, traveling back to the Azores and Puerto Rico and working on expanding his hobby farm.
Services Offered by Azores Veterinary Practice
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Pregnancy Diagnosis
- We have two ultrasound machines that are used for pregnancy diagnosis. We these we can accurately measure embryos and fetuses and their viability, diagnose gender, diagnose reproductive abnormalities such as: cystic ovaries, masses, pyometras, mucometras, etc.
- The Easy Scan 3 ultrasound machine can also be used to diagnose respiratory disease and levels of lung damage that resulted from pneumonias or other respiratory conditions.
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Internal Medicine
- We are trained to diagnose and treat your animals when sick.
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Surgery
- When in need of a surgery your animals can count on our expertise to surgically repair their anomalies.
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Emergency Services
- We offer 24/7 emergency time.
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Preventive Medicine
- We will work together with you to develop a preventative program that fits and protects your herd or animals against many diseases that can be fatal or cause high levels of morbidity and consequently financial losses.
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Herd Health Medicine
- We are trained to help you better manage your herd.
- Bovine, Caprine and Ovine Laboratory Testing – milk and blood
- In partnership with Repro Results, Azores Veterinary Practice now offers an array of laboratory tests that help diagnose many diseases and conditions that can affect your animals. These tests include: milk culture for mastitis prevention, Beta Hydroxybuturate measurements, etc. More tests will be added in a near future.
- Beef Cattle BSE Testing
- This reproductive performance test will aid you in selecting the best bulls for your herd and prevent you from using bulls that can have contagious diseases and inflict major reproductive and consequently financial losses in your herd.